Yesterday we started our lesson by talking about “Did you do your homework?” This includes past tense so it’s not something beginner level students are supposed to know. Still, I wanted to introduce as I will keep asking you two questions every class.
1. 숙제 했어요? (해써요?) (Did you do your homework?)
-네, 숙제 했어요. (Yes, I did my homework)
-아니요, 숙제 안 했어요. (No, I didn’t do my homework)
2. 단어 공부 했어요? (Did you study words?)
-네, 공부 조금/많이/열심히 했어요. (Yes, I studied a little/a lot/ hard)
-아니요, 공부 안 했어요. (No, I didn’t study)
In many cases, if you add 하다 to a noun, it becomes a verb. 하다 means ‘do’. (했다 means ‘did’)
We’re going to learn more about this next class so if you don’t fully understand, it’s just fine.
Then, I explained how English be verbs are realized in Korean.
1. 이건 책상이에요.(This is a desk) In this case, is means “= (equal)” and = is -예요/이에요.
2. 책상이 교실 안에 있어요. (A desk is in the classroom) In this case, is means “exist” and exist is -이/가 있어요/없어요(이써요/업써요).
Finally, the main topic of last class was that -이/가 있어요/없어요 has a different meaning, which is “have” and we practiced with words related pets and siblings.1. 저는 물고기(가) 있어요/없어요. (I have a fish)
2. 저는 여동생(이) 있어요/없어요. (I have a younger sister)
If you want to specify how many you have, you use -명 for people and -마리 for animals.
1. 언니 한 명 (1), 오빠 두 명 (2), 여동생 세 명 (3)
2. 개 한 마리 (1), 고양이 두 마리 (2), 물고기 세 마리 (3)
And when you want to combine two nouns using ‘and’, that’s 하고.
1. 저는 개 한 마리하고 고양이 두 마리가 있어요. I have a dog and two cats.
2. 저는 언니하고 여동생이 있어요. I have an older and younger sister.
Okay, this is it. For homework, please do p. 57-59 and be prepared to tell the class about your pets and siblings. You can add some other facts about you as well such as what you like and where you live!
Also if you want to be better prepared for next class, please look up the words on p. 60-61. My favorite Korean online dictionary ishttp://dic.naver.com/ Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Oh, check out our wonderful class blog Robert made too! gwenchana.com
Have a great week!선주 선생님
p.s. We missed you, 루스씨, 야디라씨, 동인씨. Hope to see you next week!